Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Swatch: ILNP Luna Nail Art

Hi guys! So I'm still going through my selections from the ILNP ultrachrome flakies and I thought I'd do something more fun than just a standard swatch! So I did a little chevron nail art for you using tape.

For the base I used two coats of Essie Lapis of Luxury, its a sheer periwinkle creme that looks really pretty on my pinkish pale skintone (at least I think so) I have it swatched here with Rainbow Honey Papillion if you want to see it. I used two coats of OPI Alpine Snow for the accent nail base as well.

I used pre-cut chevron tapes that I found at a dollar store to make the chevron pattern and then I sponged Luna on top. It took about 3 sponged coats to get it opaque, but as you can kinda tell in the pictures, some of them got more coats than others. Next time I'd probably use 4 coats. I sponged it on because I wanted to get the flakes without the thickness of the clear base.

So Luna's shift is turquoise - blue - purple - fuchsia - orangey - yellow at the extremes. I found that it stays as a pinky purple in all lighting conditions and shifts either in the yellowy direction or in the turquoise direction depending on the light. Both are equally gorgeous, this polish just loves any and all lighting conditions.

Luna is probably the most "me" of all the flakies I bought. I love purples and this one is so unique to me. And the name reminds me of Sailor Moon!! :) I love how versatile these are. I think I've said that 3 times now, but its true!! They can be glitter toppers, solid colors or sponged on for nail art!





 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!