Friday, October 17, 2014

Tiff's Guest Blog Series: Fifth Post


Hi everyone! I’m back with my guest post series! The last polish I have to show you that Sharra gave me is Rainbow Honey’s “Papillion”. This one is from the Midnight Garden Collection. It is a glitter topcoat with a mix of pink and purple holographic glitters and big pink holographic butterflies. There is also a micro-glitter that looks maybe holographic in the bottle?? I’ll confirm that further down.

For the base color I chose a light periwinkle blue from Essie called “Lapis of Luxury”. This one is fairly sheer actually (I forgot it’s sheer before I put it on). I ended up using two coats (the second very thick) to get it opaque enough to be a good base color. I believe this color is always available from Essie so I think you can get it at most drug stores. I really like it, its kind of airy, light and feminine because it’s sheer. 




So I’m kind of in love with this combination. I didn’t want to take it off! I’m still unsure if the micro-glitter was holographic or not because the sun disappeared. Sorry. The last picture shows the colour the most accurately (my camera struggles in low lighting).  Application was a breeze, the glitter spread evenly and it was not difficult to fish out the butterflies. "Papillion" is still available on Rainbow Honey’s website if you like it as much as I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!