Sunday, December 1, 2013

Poutine: The Spud Shack

Well it has been a long time since I had one of these, hasn't it!? My glorious friend Paul graciously introduced me to this fantastic little place, right by New Westminster skytrain station and it was really good! I wish I'd gotten better photos.


I got a medium for $7, and they also serve beer and other things. I forgot to get a photo of the menu! Sorry!


The gravy was really good and the cheese was actually squeaky! Personally, I don't put a lot of weight on squeaky cheese but I know some people want to know things like that. I actually like stronger tasting cheese, honestly, and it wasn't that melty despite the hot, delicious gravy. The fries were also very light and crispy, which was awesome.

I got the regular poutine, but for all you veggies out there, there is a vegan option and that's pretty cool. I might go back to try that one.

SO, how does this stack up?
  1. Dunn's Famous
  2. Preston's
  3. Brado Pizza
  4. Mean Poutine
  5. Zako's Deli
  6. The Kaboom Box
  7. Club Ilia
  8. Spud Shack
  9. Belgian Fries
  10. Frenchies
  11. La Poutinerie
  12. Fritz
  13. La Belle Patate
  14. The Cambie
  15. The Metropole Community Pub
  16. Dougie Dog
That's not very high, is it? D: It was really really good though. The problem is,  I remember those other ones being better somehow. This definitely beat the Belgian though, which had great cheese, but watery gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!