Sunday, December 29, 2013

Poutine: Smoke's Poutinerie

I'm going to end this year with my favourite food: poutine! I finally got around to trying Smoke's Poutinerie, which is just past Smithe on Granville street in downtown Vancouver. The prices were average (about $8), all poutine was one size and there is a TON of variety!

I opted for the traditional, but some of my friends got a little more adventurous! Hopefully I remember all the names...


Traditional
Chicken Chili

Country Style

Double Pork
That same week I went again and tried the Double Pork, which includes bacon and pulled pork. The menu is quite extensive and though the boxes appear small when you get them, it is definitely a LOT of food!

Now for the breakdown on the traditional... The gravy was pretty good, but nothing special and the cheese was squeaky, though also nothing special. The fries were also average and got soggy pretty fast. The double pork one was considerably better, though that might just be because of bacon... and pulled pork.

As it stands, I think I have to give some bonus points for the variety which puts it right...
  1. Dunn's Famous
  2. Preston's
  3. Brado Pizza
  4. Mean Poutine
  5. Smoke's Poutinerie
  6. Zako's Deli
  7. The Kaboom Box
  8. Club Ilia
  9. The Spud Shack
  10. Belgian Fries
  11. Frenchies
  12. La Poutinerie
  13. Fritz
  14. La Belle Patate
  15. The Cambie
  16. The Metropole Community Pub
  17. Dougie Dog
I had to think really hard about how it stacked against Mean Poutine, but nothing beats those batter Costco-style fries.

Have you guys been to Smoke's before? Where would you rank it?

(Happy new year by the way! See you next year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!