Friday, July 19, 2013

#MintManisforTaliaJoy #TaliasLegacy

I'm sure most of you have heard by now the story of Talia Joy Castellano, youtube make up guru and Honorary Cover Girl, a thirteen year old that battled cancer for 7 years before ceding defeat on July 16, 2013. I didn't know much about her, but a loss is always a loss and you all know I have a soft (hard?) spot for cancer.

Yes, she was actually this adorable. Here's the short version: LINK

Out of respect for her, social media has mobilized to honour her memory by painting our nails in mint green, in reference to her last instagram post.

I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet (which is worse than I remember). I then took my new fan brush from bornprettystore.com's 15 brush set (for $6!!!!) and brushing on Cecile 77.







That wasn't quite enough for me, so I added a half moon with Gosh Holographic Hero.



I topped it off with China Glaze Make a Spectacle (to cover my fan brush ineptitude).



And I leave you all with a garden of love in the form of mint nail polish. (Grab your own inlinkz code through Nail Polish Wars.)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!