Saturday, March 16, 2013

Swatch: Zoya Pixie Dust Chyna

Oh loyal followers, I got swamped by midterms this week! I've been carrying around Zoya Pixie Dust Chyna for almost a week or more with the intent to put it on my nails! I ended up doing them ON THE BUS the other day, so I'm finally writing the blog post <3

Now the blogosphere has been weird about this colour, and I couldnt' see why until I put it on. It was AMAZING while wet, with dimension and sparkle. And then it dried and somehow you lost a lot of the depth in the colour. This one might be better with a generous coat of Seche. It's still beautiful though, and it reminds me of velvet from a distance =)



I totally didn't understand from other people's photos how they were disappointed in this, but I can definitely see it in person on me. Such a dark, rich colour is really dulled out with the textured matte effect. I think the red velvet look can be just as easily obtained with a matte topcoat on a red polish. You can really see the difference between the bottle and the nails. It's still pretty, you just have to be the mood for a darker red.

What do you think? Is there anyone who loves Chyna out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!