Friday, September 14, 2012

FiA#3 School Spirit

Hello, all! If you've all been doing your homework, you'll have figured out that I'm from Simon Fraser University, and that SFU has an extremely boring logo. You'll also see on my Twitter that I don't agree with them sometimes (like when they try to make impressionable high school students buy apps)...

BOOOOORING.
(They paid a lot of money for that MSPaint job too. It's embarrassing.)

Any-hoo, I'm too old for my old high school, and it'd have made kind of a boring nail too.
Also difficult.
Alright, so I wracked my brains. All my little brains!

And I found this.

MCFOGG THE DOG
Gonna be honest, I'm a little ashamed.

After laughing/crying, I put on my big girl pants and decided on a design. I did use a reference picture. Now think, what part of that embarrassment (all in good fun) is usable....?

Retrieved from here after google magic.
And using Revlon Get Reddy as a base of course, I added on some stripes.

Nyx Las Vegas
So the first step here, I used Nyx Las Vegas and with its normal brush, swiped on two perpendicular stripes. Since LV is a dark green jelly I got a nice overlapped green square on MOST nails =) I'm pretty proud of my cleverness here.

After that I used my little paintbrush and striped in Essence Let's Get Lost and Ulta Snow White.
Voila--
 Uhh, let's try that again.
TA DAA

A little messy on the Other Hand =P
Like I mentioned in the Revlon Get Reddy post, it does look a lot better with topcoat, so I used my Ulta X-Dry to just give it a little extra UNF.

I also want to take this moment to say that unless I mention it, there's no topcoat when I take pictures. I usually add topcoat after (which ruins everything with its bubbliness) but the pics are usually just the shiny nail polish gorgeousness <3

So what do you think? Plaid is easier than it looks guys!

Check out everyone else's entry! There's a lot more school related spirit going on with them than with me =P

Hannah from Polished Prisms
Stephanie from A Little Polish
Suer from Creative Nail Design By Sue
Katee from A Girl And Her Polish
Ashley from One Nail to Another
Karine Assemien from Karine's Vernis Club
Kayono Lan (aka Johanna) from Neues vom Kellerkind
Charlotte-Louise from Charlotte's Nails
Alyson Epstein from Beads. Nails. Food.
Maribeth from Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite
Becky from Glam Fiend
Angie from Our Painted World
Alethia from Never-Ending Nail Art
Sarah from Dakila's
Amanda from Mandy's Polish
Lisa from Lisa's Nail Obsession
Kelly from Nails for the Sake of Sanity
Stephanie from All Things Beautiful
Martina from From Head to Foot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!