Monday, March 3, 2014

Mardi Gras!

Sooo, if you're following me on Facebook, you heard that my laptop died and I didn't have access to my watermarker... I just got it back and it turns out if won't mark these photos. SIGH. Anyway, I'm going to get back into it now (I have a netbook to work with). I have a couple posts all lined up =) The first of which is some nail art since I want it up for Tuesday!

Anyway, when you google for photos you get masquerade masks and those bright colourful metallic beads! Because I've done masks before, I chose to do a dotty design to represent the beads.

The base colour is Julep Rose, and (from the edge to cuticle) I dotted using OPI DS Classic, Essence Gleam in Blue, Gosh Holographic Hero, Julep Nessa and Essence Out of My Mind.





I am not the neatest dotter, but they looked fine from a distance. I needed an accent and the obvious answer is feathers of course. I messed around with my brushes and a couple colours to get a peacock feather on my accent nail with Rainbow Honey Bitty Love Bot, China Glaze Running in Circles, China Glaze Harvest Moon and ILNP Cygnus Loop.






Wow for some reason my camera didn't like CG Running in Circles in the bottle... Oh well. The feather actually turned out fine despite the process being messy. I had to put down colour, brush in to remove polish to get the feathery edges and put down more polish... it was a mess. Thank gawd for topcoat to smooth it all down!

Mardi Gras is actually kind of disappointing in Vancouver. Is there a big party where you're from?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!