Sunday, February 9, 2014

Jaded Studs

Hello hello! What did you guys think of SH Jaded? I hope you liked it because you're seeing it today too! This design was actually under the impression that Jaded would be a mint green rather than jade but it still worked out alright. I started out by doing a V shaped french with my new silver Sharpie pen.


You can clearly see how impatient I am by the catching on some of the nails... oops!


That was both hands and as soon as I was satisfied with that (AKA I couldn't see all those unfilled in parts, even though apparently my camera can) I pulled out my studs again and this time chose the silver rhinestones which I nestled into the point of the V using a coat of Essie Pure Pearlfection. I also tried to see if I could anchor the studs better by putting another layer of topcoat over them and you definitely can! But if you use something like Essie Pure Pearlfection, you end up changing the look of the stones.

Rounded with topcoat

Cut stone without topcoat


I found the rounded style looked like moonstones which actually worked really well with the jade colour.

So what do you think? Do you prefer metallic studs or sparkly rhinestones?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!