Saturday, March 9, 2013

Swatch: Zoya Pixie Dust London

MY FIRST ZOYA!!! I was a bad girl, everyone, and the second NailPolishCanada.com got the Pixies in, I nabbed them (that site has EXCELLENT customer service by the way). Apparently they were quite popular and I'm really glad I got the whole set!

Gonna start with London! London is the grey one and I lurb it. Two coats!



Ugh, I don't know what's wrong with my fuzzy wash camera here, I apologize. I think I touched the lens with my lotioned up hands. Isn't this amazing though? Do you know what this means? It means that next time I want to try a fuzzy caterpillar, I can just use a Zoya!!!

I'm also going to comment on the texture here - I am definitely a picker if there are parts that stand out. However, these are quite uniform in texture, even though they are gritty, so I won't be worrying some protrusion. Did you guys ever do "sand art" type pictures, where you peel off the sticker and pour on a colour of sand? It's that texture, but nothing comes off even if you rub. And I'll be rubbing =P I like stroking my nails haha. Also, if you ever wanted to know what licking concrete is like, just wait for it to dry =D

What do you guys think? Has anyone compared the brands and found they have a strong preference? Which of my Pixie Dusts should I do next? =D

Edit: I just realized in the dark/wet, it reminds me of the middle finger on my Taylor Swift nails <3

Edit2: Removal! It wasn't that bad!! I have glitter herpes, but it wasn't terribly difficult and it didn't cut up the cotton pad I was using like "real" glitter does. Surprisingly, it also didn't scratch or dent the surface of my nails. =D Good experience all around ^^

2 comments:

  1. I've just ordered these can't wait to get them :o)

    They look great, I am a sucker for texture nail polishes at the moment.

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OoooOooOoOOOooooh! Tell me what you think when you get them! And feel free to post pics on my blog facebook page! <3!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!