Thursday, October 11, 2012

I need to talk about this.

And so do you.



People have been saying a lot about this, and about her. It's a huge message against bullying just by being up but it gets worse than that. Beneath the video in the description it says this:
I'm struggling to stay in this world, because everything just touches me so deeply. I'm not doing this for attention. I'm doing this to be an inspiration and to show that I can be strong. I did things to myself to make pain go away, because I'd rather hurt myself then someone else. Haters are haters but please don't hate, although im sure I'll get them. I hope I can show you guys that everyone has a story, and everyones future will be bright one day, you just gotta pull through. I'm still here aren't I ?

-AmandaTodd
This video, posted a month ago, last month as a cry for help. Somehow, it was help she didn't get, because yesterday she tried for the third time, and this time succeeded in taking her life. Somehow, it got this far. Yesterday.

This girl lived in my city. She was so close. We even knew stuff like this happened. A couple years ago, one of the guys from my graduating class committed suicide too.I'd interacted with him almost every day for a semester and never knew he had any trouble. My boyfriend got so close so many times. Hell, I got close. I had the pills in my hand. Even with this girl, it couldn't have been that obvious. The bullying however...

There are two things I want to say about this. The first is from reddit, where I've been hanging out recently.
I dont think it was JUST the fact that a picture of her chest was floating around that made her kill herself, call it obvious. Its the bullying, being harassed, followed, made fun of, and beat up that made her kill herself. And speaking from a bully victims point of view I can safely say that bullying, teasing, and harming an indivisual can make it hard to not want to kill ones self. I struggled with thought of suicide for most of elementary school and all of highschool. I managed to make it out alive, but for lots of kids this is not the case.
May I just say one last thing my Grandmother taught me as a kid: If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything at all. (GrumpaDirt)
I think the picture was just the catalyst. (SuperSaiyanNoob)
And the second is from me, though it's also a copy/pasta.

"I almost can't believe this happened. The fact that I can believe it at all says terrible things about our society. And this phenomenon of bullies following their victims is one I've experienced. If you had a problem, and it leaves, why continue to attack? It's not like this is uncommon either, my bullies still follow me (though not to the extent she suffered), and it's been 6-7 years for one and 3 years for the other. What the hell is wrong with people?
It's easy to think it was something she was doing, but really? Think about your bullies. Did you deserve that? Was it something you did? Is it because you're a bad person? Or did they find something and leer at you? Did they make something and jab at you? Bullies either make bullies of their victims, or break them entirely. Either way, it's not a way to live and it should never get far enough to be a reason to die.
TL;DR Grieving."

Talk about it.

Press:
Huffington PostInquisitrThe Globe and Mail, Unambiguously Ambidextrous, etc.

We'll get back to nail polish tomorrow. Sorry guys, it hit close to home <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!