Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Swatch: Color Club Magnetic Force Electro-Midnight

Hi! When I first heard about magnetic polish, I was in Ulta and say the Laylas for $15.50USD! It was REALLY cool, but there was nooo way I was gonna spend $16! And then I saw Color Club on A Girl And Her Polish and I started my hunt! On a trip down to the states, I found them in Hot Topic just like she said =D

I bought it because Katee just makes it look so good! When I tried it I realized I had actually been hoping for a more teal colour which I wasn't going to get in this one. HOWEVER, for $7, I couldn't regret it <3

This is my second attempt at using this polish. I put down one coat on each nail and then, one nail at a time, I put down a nice thick coat and held the magnet as close as I could get it. On thicker attempts, I saw the polish even reaching up to try and mess itself up on that magnet! Bah xD I was careful though, and it didn't happen. By the time I got to the pinky on the first hand, I had it down.

Tips:
  1. Hold the magnet really close and really still.
  2. Hold for a long time.
That's it! Here's the pictures!

This is the first layer. I tried to magnetize on the index finger but you can see it doesn't work too well =)

This is after I figured it out on the pinky and went back
 I used 2 - 3 coats depending on how strong I managed to get the stripes.



 And then I did the other hand.
I hate when my off hand turns out better!
 GAH the depth of those stripes!

=D Sorry for the messy cuticles. I love it! And this is one of the most affordable magnetics so I'm glad I picked it up. As you can see, the magnet I have is waves but I really wish I could get a set with that fishnet pattern that nails Inc has =P

Last comments: This dried super quick but stains like mad! Wear basecoat =D

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these are really good! I can NEVER get magnetic polishes to work for me! I have officially given up. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw noo (but thanks =P)! You just have to hold REALLY still and like I mentioned (or should have) it took five tries before I got it right. The trick is to do one nail at a time so the polish doesn't have time to dry before you align it with the magnet I think. Keep trying! I'll look forward to it on your blog ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. click this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!