Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TLDoS#5 Inspired by your favourite towel

Time for some TLDoS!

Well! This was going to be a challenge, wasn't it? I won my towel at my boyfriend-at-the-time's aftergrad in senior year of high school =D I won it, along with two passes to the Burnaby Village Museum, which has this fantastic carousel. The carousel is a very fond memory of mine, since the first year it opened was when I was nine, and my mom took us, and I was sitting on horse #23, a black with his head tossed high. I learned later his name is Captain Jack, and they don't sell postcards of him anymore and I have yet to get a picture. DISAPPOINTING.

In preamble, here's the poster I won, which made #23 forever my lucky number.

As you can see, it hangs on my wall to this day.
=) Anyhoo, here's the towel too!

Oooh, toughie.
NEVAR FEAR. This is nothing that a good colour choice won't easily set up.
Essence Wake Up of course!
After that there was some sponging...
China Glaze Harvest Moon and then Essence Wanna Be your Sunshine
And then some more sponging....
Wanna be my sunshine? =)
I added a glorp of Julep Daisy for the setting sun.
Too much glorp! aah!
(But that's what sponges are for.)
And then some striping...
LA Colors Art Deco black striper =)
I was looking at it, and at my fuzzy towel...

Mattify!!

Now I match my towel xD
And there you go! Easy-peasy =D Hopefully the sun comes out soon so I can be back on the beach with it =)

What do you think?

Check everyone else out!

Hannah from Polished Prisms
Victoria from The Manicurator
Alyson from Beads, Nails, Food
Amanda Murphy Mandy's Polish
Sue O'Connor  Creative Nails by Sue 
Katee from A Girl and Her Polish
Charlotte-Louise Charlotte's Nails
Jessica from Nearly Natural Nails
Karine from Karinea0a 
Jen from The Polished Zombie
Jessica from Jessica's Nail Tales
Ashley from One Nail to Another
Pryanka from Nail Sparks
Anna from Polished Cousins
Maribeth from Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite
Kayono (aka Johanna) from Neues vom Kellerkind
Amanda Schott  from Counting Down to Bliss
Nichole Mowery from Adventures of the Nail Friends
Stephanie Oblas from A Little Polish
Becky Barnett from Glam Fiend
Elysse Patty from Elyssian Beauty

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice towel! I like it better mattified... gives it something hazy. Like a sunrise version of your towel :D
    I hope you'll get a picture of #23 sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3 When I got the matte topcoat, I never knew I would like it so much.
      I hope so too! I'll hopefully be going out there again before summer ends. I don't even have a picture of me on him! Sad.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!