Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Let It Snow #7: Fireside Glow

I was looking forward to this one =) I knew exactly what I wanted to do! Long ago, I had seen this gorgeous image from a blogger I'm going to call the Mistress of Colour. Just check it out!

Anyway, I started with Orly Rockin' Rockette. After two coats of that and one of Seche, I wore it for a day or two and then painted on another thick coat and white that was still wet, glorped on a bit of China Glaze Winter Berry, Orly Old School Orange and Essence Wanna Be Your Sunshine. All but the Essence and the Seche are from Kelly <3 I owe her so hard.

Anyway, here they are!

It doesn't look half bad! I picked up my KleanColor Chunky Holo Black and dabbed some on to show embers. Unfortunately the base of the KC is pigmented (a bad decision all around) and it dulled my yellow a bit.




It also didn't appear to do much other than that =( In lower light though...

Looks pretty cool! I'm sad about the darkening of the yellow, but it's not terrible. In the future, I wouldn't do the KC. Oh wells~~ Check everyone else!






14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it looks awesome! I still haven't gotten around to trying the dry marble, but it works perfectly for this week's theme! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yoouu!! I can't wait to see you try it =D

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks really really cool! Great work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet fire nails, Sharra! When I saw these I just naturally assumed you were wearing a leather jacket to go with. Collar turned up of course. Because you're cool like that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hells yeah! And then I straddled my neon green Kawasaki Ninja and sped into the sunset pulling a wheelie! VROOM! ;D

      (THANK YOU =D)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm surprised at how easy the technique is once you get the hang of it too! <3

      Delete
  5. Nice fire mani! Thinking it's a dry marble... "not half bad"..? Awesome! But I don't really dig it with KC on top... The yellow was so nice and radiant without it. I can imagine what it might have looked like though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way, the KC killed the brightness that MADE it fire. Thank you so much ^_^

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!