Monday, November 5, 2012

Nail Drama: Seriously?

I want to address the badges going on in my sidebar, because I'm sure people will take it upon themselves to misconstrue it. First, I thought the clean up thing was hilarious and I think the badge is cute. I understand that some people got offended and others reacted horrendously and there's this big bullying thing going on right now. I, personally, would be embarrassed to blog pictures where I painted my entire fingertip rather than just the nail but I am not going out of my way to tell other people they shouldn't. I am far from perfect, and I am not better than anyone else either. My pictures are also crap sometimes.

To counteract the scape-goating going on with the Clean Up Coalition (which is still funny regardless of some people being idiots) I've added the anti-bullying badge, because I completely do not condone bullying. But I've also experienced scapegoating and passive-aggressive hits and I don't think abandoning Ashley from Plump and Polished is the right way for me to go. As far as I know, none of the ladies involved that I know and love have gone out of their way to attack anybody.

There's two sides to every story, and then there's the truth. Make your own decisions and whatever you think, don't go out hurting other people.

These two can co-exist. Check out Ashley's rebuttal. She's taken way too much abuse for this, NONE of which she deserves.

When one African steals, do you turn around and say, "BURN THEM ALL, you blacks better clean up your act!" I hope not. That's racism. This is related.

And to inject some of my personality into this... Calm your shit. Jesus. I can't believe this is even a thing and this will be the last you hear about it from me. If you want to discuss, this post is where you should do it and I will be moderating. If you're out of line, you're out. I'm not going to tolerate attacks and bullying either.