Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Zomg another one? I can't believe I've made such great friends through blogging! This comes on the tail of a bad day (therefore turning it around and making it awesome) when someone I knew called me boring (not my blog, not my interests, ME) because I blog about poutine, cupcakes and nail polish. =(

ON THAT NOTE I was nominated by Beauty Ninja (omg I don't know her name yet ;_;) AND Jen the Polished Zombie and they are just so amazing, you have no idea.

SO here's the rules!
  1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the questions the tagger has asked you and then create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  3. Choose 11 people with less than 200 followers to give this award to and link to them.
  4. Go to their pages and tell them.
  5. Remember... no tag backs!!
Eleven facts about me (these are so much fun)
  1. I'm studying towards my Bachelor of Science in Biology (Cell and Molecular) right now. My goal is to work somewhere where I do not have to talk to anybody that is not also paid by my employer (read: Lab Technician). To get there, I'm stuck in Customer Service jobs. Whoopee!
  2. I like to watch people and analyze behaviour. This means I'm minoring in Psychology of course!
  3. I really want blog followers, but I realize that if I refuse to have a blog dedicated to certain ordained things, people probably won't come back because of all the random crap. Oh well! I'm grateful to my 26 so far and amazed anybody would even want to keep along with me. Thank you guys!
  4. I love cartoons. As a kid I watched DragonBallZ, Pokemon, Digimon, Medabots, Classic Spiderman, Sailor Moon, Blue's Clues, Escaflowne, Fruit's Basket... That's all I can remember right now. I still love cartoons. I gravitate towards Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, American Dad and Futurama without realizing it.
  5. I like to draw, but I don't think about it often, therefore it's kind of been neglected. It makes me sad sometimes.
  6. Last weekend I played Lords of Waterdeep with Branden, Philippe and our friend Kevin. I never would have guessed my life would come to nerd games in a basement on a Saturday night =P
  7. I'm currently trying to lose weight. I did really well for the first two weeks and lost six pounds, but I'm having a bit of trouble now, hovering around 160lbs. I want to be 140 - 145lbs. It's hard. My measurements aren't bad though =) 36-31-42!
  8. I can speak Farsi (Iranian) and Japanese, which is a weird combination, but after French (mandatory for Canadians) I was done with Latin-based languages and took Japanese. I am Iranian by descent =)
  9. hate film adaptations of books. I'm watching Game of Thrones and it's just reminding me why. Jon Snow is such a wangsty mouthbreather in the show. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Joss Whedon is the god of writers. They shoulda had him adapt the screenplay. And bring back Firefly (fuck you Fox!).
  10. I have an interview type thing today! I'm hoping to get a TAship (teaching first years!). WISH ME LUCK AGAIN. Gah.. I fail pretty hard at interviews usually x_x
  11. I need a job so I can swap! I wanna swap! SWAP WITH ME =D (but not yet, I need money first x_X)

Beauty Ninja's questions for me
  1. What's in your makeup bag right now? Oh boy, here we go. Rimmel pink lip gloss, the name of which has rubbed off; ELF Lip stain/gloss combo in Luck Lady; CoverGirl Outlast lipstain 440; ELF lip gloss in Arousal; Estee Lauder Lipstick in Maraschino; Lancome lipstick in Ooh La La Metallic and Creme De Marron, ELF cover up in Beige, ELF Lipstick in Flirtatious; WetnWild Lipstick in 410D (my favourite); L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara Carbon Black; Softlips clear lipgloss (name rubbed off); Estee Lauder Lip Pencil in Spice Writer; Annabelle Pencil Eyeliner in 73 Black, 159 MilkyWay, 109 Lotus, 172 Curacao, 110 Fiesta; Almay Purple Amethyst Julep Crystal Nail File; Tweezers; Eye Pencil Sharpener; Nail Clippers... Wow, that's a lot. And I don't even use half of it. I'm gonna cross out the things I'm taking out now =P
  2. What form of eyeliner do you prefer and why--gel, pencil or liquid? As noted above, pencil! It's the easiest for me to do, that's all. I wish I could use liquid since it looks so much better but pencil is easier and less messy.
  3. Why did you start blogging? To vent my teenage wangst =P You'll notice the nail posts started rather recently and are still peppered with said wangst even though I'm 23 now...
  4. Do you have any pets? What are their names? (I know most will, this is an animal loving community) ;) I WISH I HAD PETS. The joke is that I practically have my boyfriend's family's pets because I'm always there anyway so we (tee hee) have two dogs, one is a cocker spaniel poodle cross named Blackie (he came with that name). He's a spoiled little cuddly brat dog who begs for food and has seizures once in a while =( The other one is a newer addition, a year old Labrador/Golden Retriever cross (3/4 lab, 1/4 golden, so he has feathering and is a little leaner than purebred labs) named Zorro who HAS JUST MET YOU AND LOVES YOU unless you're in the house and he's never seen you before, in which case he's a big noisy chicken. Here they are!! =D
  5. What is your favorite food? EVERYTHING. But to narrow it down probably potatoes. Potatoes in ALL ways - baked, fried, mashed, skins, chips, anything. I could eat potatoes all the time, which is probably why I have to lose 15lbs now lol.
  6. What is your favorite vacation spot? I don't know =( I've only ever been on vacation maybe two or three times, but I know I definitely want to go back to Rome, Italy, and one day a tropical beach destination where I can live in the water <3
  7. What blog do you look forward to reading every single day? SO MANY, but the top, top, tippy top one is probably I Like My Polish Black Just Like My Metal. Jen is such a personality!
  8. If you could buy any luxury beauty product, what would it be? I don't know what this means. Laser Hair Removal maybe? Does that count? 
  9. Who is your favorite makeup artist? No idea, I don't do make up so much.
  10. What would your dream profession be? Biology Researcher! Something in genetics that I'm super passionate about where I don't have to talk to anybody who is not also paid by my employer.
  11. What are your daily makeup items that you can't live without? I don't really have any. I like carrying it all with me (see #1) but I need my Blistex Lip Medex since my lips can end up really dry and painful sometimes. Right now I'm really loving my Body Shop Spiced Vanilla body butter and mango lip butter though.
Jen's questions for me
  1. Who? Me!
  2. What? I'm awesome!
  3. When? All the time!
  4. Where? EVARYWHERE!
  5. Why? Because =)
  6. What is your silliest, most irrational fear? Y'know those singing Christmas trees with the big googly eyes that light up and dance around? Yeah. Those. Terrifying.
  7. What drives you? My immense fear and loathing of forever living at home.
  8. So the zombie apocalypse is upon us. I, being me, am their zombie queen. Would you shoot me or let me unlive, seeing as I'm a totally cognizant zombie and have no interest in eating you. Only if you protect me from other zombies. Otherwise I'll be the first one out anyway, so you don't have to worry about me killing you =P
  9. What gives you peace? My boy-toy <3 And books, and the big fluffy unicorn on my bed. And cats. And Zorro. I guess it's good there's a bit of a list, huh?
  10. If your life was, or could be a movie, which one and why? How to Train Your Dragon. Because um, dragons. And probably unicorns too!
  11. Toilet paper roll, over or under? Over, there is NO other way!
My questions for nominees
  1. What is there to do for fun in your town on a weekend?
  2.  What are your favourite stores to shop in?
  3. How are you going to manage to think up 11 questions?
  4. How would you describe your "style"?
  5. Why did you start blogging?
  6. Do you have other blogs for other topics?
  7. What's your most used social media? (Twitter, Facebook, etc)
  8. What's your favourite dessert?
  9. What food have you tried that you were surprised you liked?
  10. Do you have any guilty pleasures? What are they?
  11. What genre of books do you gravitate towards?

Blogs I'm nominating
  1. Neues vom Kellerkind
  2. Nail Noise
  3. Ehmkay Nails
  4. Annabelle's Makeup
  5. Nail Sparks
That's all I've got, because everybody's nominated everybody else that I would have x_X SAD. (BUT THESE BLOGS DESERVE IT SO HARD)

4 comments:

  1. SAILOR MOON! OH MAN! Talk about memories! I remember watching that back in highschool...some...15 years ago? o.O

    I love unicorns for so many reasons. They're just plain awesome! You should totally read the book Zombies vs Unicorns, it's great! It's an anthology of zombie and unicorn stories. Not a bad one in the book!

    I LOVE Game of Thrones, the series, have yet to read the books. I'm afraid to because I know there's no way to get everything in the book translated to screen. One of my most hated book to screen adaptations would have to be Queen of the Damned. IT WAS ALL WRONG! I also tried watching the film The World According to Garp but I didn't even make it all the way through seeing as that's like my most favorited book EVAR and yeah. Didn't work. A good book to screen would be The Road. Prepare yourself for ultimate despair though. Total mellow harsher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is my favourite comment ever xD I will add all those books to my list! QUEEN OF THE DAMNED SUCKED.

      As for Game of Thrones you NEED to read the books. I can't believe what a wangsty mouthbreather is in the show and it pisses me off SO HARD. He's one of my favourite but I'm only on the second episode of the show and I hate it. The books are fantastic and, this is important, DROGO DOES NOT RAPE DANY. That pissed me off more than anything. You can't build a healthy relationship on rape! That being said, the first book is okay, the second book is okay, the third book is AMAZING, the fourth book is SO BORING and the fifth book nothing much happens except near the end (and it's the price of the first four books put together).

      Have you read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo? I heard the books and movies were really on par. I haven't seen the movies, but the books were SO SATISFYING. Definitely worth reading the trilogy. I finished it in a week, it was so good haha!

      Delete
  2. Pratchett, Sailor Moon, Escaflowne, Fruits Basket...27!

    /*(^_^)*\ ( <-- please to enjoy my dorky Sailor Moon smiley )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teeheeee love it! I'm so happy to find a Pratchett fan. For some reason we're elusive!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!