Saturday, July 21, 2012

Swatch: Ulta Bam-blue-zled

I never know how to start these posts. So this is three coats. I've found that with Ulta the first coat is really sheer but after that it builds up super quickly. It takes a while to dry however, which is terrible for me because I am not at all patient. Dries shiny, I think it's a sheer jelly (but I have no idea how to categorize these things).

So like I said, this is three coats, no topcoat.

If you stare at it too long, it looks purple

Ignore the messy cuticles, they don't matter til the next post with this polish.
So there it is. Unfortunately unless I'm going to use a matte topcoat it doesn't take to layering all that well. I have a friend who really likes this colour so I'm probably going to pass it on to her. For some reason it didn't dry all the way through, even after 15 hours. I mean, I stopped being as careful when I woke up, y'know, but that doesn't mean it has any right to start squooshing around, right?

Has anybody else had problems with Ulta? Am I doing something wrong?

4 comments:

  1. i cant believe thats three coats? why need so much for such a simple color. are ulta polishes not as opaque?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's alright with two, but I did three to cover my messes and bald spots. It didn't dry well though =/ Really disappointing. I'll let you know if I have problems again when I swatch The Jungle Look.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's really nice! But I think there's dupes everywhere and I'd opt for China Glaze if you can help it =)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! I answer every single one, so be sure to come back or subscribe to comments on the sidebar to get my response <3 Please refrain from link-dropping unless there is a specific, related post you'd like me to see. Thanks again <3!